Monday, June 27, 2011

A drinking fountain? Naaaaaaaa, I'm just imagining things.

Received June 27, 2011

But there it was. In all it's resplendent glory, a drinking fountain in the middle of the city on Neckarsulm. Elder Sills and I, of course, had to test it out and it was one of the biggest novelties. Elder Sills actually wanted a picture of himself drinking from it so I took it for him. Another highlight from this week includes going on one of the few ferries in the mission. Yes, we got to ride on a boat! That's something that almost nobody gets to say but we happened to require passage on a ferry to get to the lovely city of Hassmersheim. There aren't a ton of people living there but the city was interesting to look at. We also went to Bad Wimpfen which has the honor of the world's longest tradition of a watchman. So yes, someone sits up on top of the tower through the night to make sure that nothing bad happens or to sound the cal in case any invading armies approach the city. Anyway it was pretty cool and they have an awesome tower there that looks over the whole valley. Yeah, there are just some cool things in this mission!

It is getting really hot in Germany. I hope it doesn't stay like this for too long. I hope that this week is great and everyone has fun together! I will send pictures when I actually have a USB port on the computer I am able to use. Tschuuuuuuuuuusssssss!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment