Thursday, August 4, 2011

Seid ihr Polener? Nein...Amerikaner...

Received July 11, 2011

Sometimes people just ask you some weird questions. Who would honestly think that we were from Poland and all we said was hello. Anyway, this week was pretty good. We did a lot but I can't even remember half of it. The highlight was going to Stuttgart on Thursday to meet President and Sister Miles. It was a really good time. When they said that one of their daughters is currently a BYU flute performance major, I had to try to think whether I knew her or not. As far as I can remember, I don't know her but who knows? They are really great and because of their newness they are doing almost everything in English. That's a nice language to hear. After the interviews with the President, Elder Hebbert (one of the zone leaders) and I went off back to Heilbronn where we promptly found several people who were interested in receiving a copy of the Book of Mormon. That was fun. I love going on exchanges when I don't have to go to their area. It was a really good exchange. The next morning came the call to tell me that I am staying in Heilbronn and that Elder Sills is going to Offenburg. I will be receiving an Elder Pexton who was actually Elder Sills' companion in the MTC. That will be pretty funny. Someday I will put some pictures up for everyone to see but today is not that day. It is rather hot here in Heilbronn, but sometimes it will suddenly start raining. Curious...very curious. Anyway, the work moves on.

Yes, I did get your package. It came with a bitter price though. I received a message from the Zollamt (Customs) that they had my package and that I had to pick it up myself from their office, which NO buses go to BY THE WAY! Upon arrival there they had me open the package and pull the contents out. Apparently meat is not allowed to be send to Germany. I think they should bring that up with the USPS and let me have my beef jerky but anyway he said that he would "dispose of it" (customs code for: enjoy eating it myself). I then had to walk back in their very curious rain with my package under my arm empty of it's former deliciousness. I have been enjoying the rest of it though, especially the CDs. I have also enjoyed the contents of another package from the Young Women. I will be sending them a letter in the very near future. I hope y'all are having a great time in the OC or wherever people are reading this. Have a nice week. Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment