Monday, August 13, 2012

Are you Catholic? No. Protestant? No. So,...Catholic?

Received July 30, 2012 We met a lady yesterday that really seemed to be out of it. Admittedly, she is 96, but she really didn't seem to understand what we were trying to tell her. She was totally fine with everything that we told her, but she just didn't seem to be thinking very straight. We invited her to church anyway, so we'll see if she comes. This week we went to Zürich for a training meeting with all the missionaries in Switzerland. It was interesting to see a lot of missionaries that I haven't seen in a long time because they went to the Black Hole of Schwyz. There was a lot to talk about and one of the really interesting parts was a role play where we had about 5 minutes to practice what we would do to introduce the church to someone. We role played with the two of the Sisters. One of them is a new missionary who is from Hungary. She and her companion are really great together and the testimony of the Sister from Hungary was great because she is a convert herself and knows what it's like to hear about the church for the first time. It helped us when we switched and taught them. Another little note about Switzerland, it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY expensive. I had to buy tickets for me and three other Elders to ride the tram and it cost me all of my Harry Potter-esque Francs. It was pretty much the craziest thing ever. I also paid 2 CHF (francs) for one scoop of ice cream! I mean really! Insanity! I don't have a ton to talk about this week. This coming week should be way better because we won't be running around all over the place like we have been. I hope that everyone has a great week. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment