Monday, March 14, 2011

Time Flying, Singing and Wienerschnizel

This week went by so fast it was crazy. Every night this past week had something going on. Most of the things were meetings of some sort in which I understood very little of what was being said. We work a lot with the JAEs (young single adults) in the Institute Center. They are all so awesome and there are even a few that only speak English. The senior missionaries at the center are also great. On Thursday we had a great fireside by Elder Hinkley (the last prophet's son for anyone who did not know that) and he is awesome. He has some of the same habits of speech in his emphasis of words and diction as his dad. It was really cool when he would tell stories about his dad. On Friday we went to Mission Tour at the Bocklinstrasse building. The Assistants to the President stayed overnight at our apartment and they gave us a ride in their car in the morning so we didn't have to take a long ride on the Bahns. Bocklinstrasse is an awesome building. It has the coolest baptismal font I've ever seen and the chapel has a Bosendorfer piano and a real pipe organ. It's soooo cool. We were instructed by President and Sister Condie and also by Elder and Sister Hinkley. For lunch we had Wienerschnizel and Kartoffelsalat (potato salad, not as good as mom's). We learned a lot about getting younger people to join the ever technology friendlier Church. Elder Hinkley gave us a lot of insight into the development of the new mormon.org. The new one is so cool. On Sunday I got to go to choir practice. I ended up not singing much and really just lending my limited skills at the piano. It was interesting. After church we didn't go too many places because Elder Foremaster had a headache. Eventually though we got out and went to see if we could contact some referrals from Temple Square. They were way up in the hills over Wien and the houses were fairly expensive looking. I actually found Karen's dream home (who by the way needs to write to me...) I also saw a large fishing boat on dry ground (no idea how it got there on a hill in the middle of Austria) and a giant chess set. You could also see all of beautiful Wien at night with it's many lights. In that course of walking we probably walked several miles but I didn't really mind. It was so cool and beautiful. We went to Stephansplatz last Monday and it was such a cool church, just no Spirit. Every day my testimony of this work gets stronger and I love the work that I am engaged in, even if no one will listen to me. Our investigators are still making progress and we're looking for some more through the old area books. People need to hear this message and I'm here to bring it to them! It's great. By the way, I just got your letter today so it must take a while to get things here. Also the email you sent me is from the Berlin Staatsoper. I need the Vienna Staatsoper and the Vienna Volksoper if you can. I hope everything is going great back at home. Until next week. Tchuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment