Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week 8/9

Email #1 - Thanks for the Memories! Yeah, so I leave the MTC on Monday in the morning. Up by 4! That's every opera singer's favorite time to get up. Anyway, so it's been fun but I'm so ready to get out of here. I'm more excited than I can even express to be going off to the most beautiful part of the world. I'm feeling fairly ready these days. I saw Elder Jacob Lee today and he already has a package!!! The world is not fair. I'm glad to see him here though and get to talk to him a little before I leave.

Fun little anecdote about today: I got to go to Babylon with Elder Clark because somehow it slipped his mind that he needed a checkup x-ray for his arm since he broke it last year. We went to the MTC campus health clinic and waited for a doctor. After Elder Clark left, I waited. After about 20 minutes he finally came back and told me that we needed to go to the BYU Health Clinic. So we left campus and went to the clinic down the street. The TV was on and that was so hard not to watch. After he was called back, I waited another 20 or so minutes. He came back and we had to take the prints back to the doctor at the MTC clinic. Once we were there, I waited probably 40 minutes to find out that Elder Clark's arm is apparently a little strange in the x-rays and so he is going to leave the MTC to go to his surgeon in Murray. I am going to stay with the other Elders in the district until he gets back. Fun! So today has been interesting. I don't have any of my letters with me so I'll try to remember what to respond to. First of all every one needs to know not to send me any more letters here. We don't get mail Saturday, Sunday and I won't be here on Monday. The last possible thing I can get is a Dear Elder letter written before 12 noon MST on Friday. I'll send another message later today with the Munich Mission home address. I hope that the trip to Utah was fun and the Opera Scenes were good. I bought 2 new CDs. Once is a CD of mostly popular showtunes from MoTab. It has Sherrill Milnes singing in one of the songs. The other CD is MoTab singing the Copland Old American Songs. They should be cool. For our flight to Germany we are flying on Delta (so hopefully my bags are not overweight) from SLC to Atlanta. I can't arrange any meetings with family unfortunately so I have to wave at dad from the air. Then we go straight to Munich. It will be great Might even do some missionary work in the airport. Fun! Email #2 - So the Mission Home Address is Elder Andrew Neumayer, Alpine German-Speaking Mission, Lommelstrasse 7, 81479 Munich, Germany. Also, I re-read the letters you sent me. Tell the kids in your class that they need to bring their real old fashioned paper scriptures to class. Especially those who are preparing for missions...which is all of them. It is so important to be able to look up scriptures the real way because the church is not changing it's position on no cell phones or electronic devices in the mission field any time soon. That's my vote. It is also better for the soul because you can mark real scriptures. Have a great week and tell Karen to write me.

No comments:

Post a Comment