Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Cold...and getting Colder!!!!!

Received December 12, 2011

Es is a bissl kalt, sag i mol. Don't put that in a translator, it won't bring you anything. Anyway, Herzlichen Grüß aus dem Vaterland. The weather just keeps getting colder and sometimes it ever rains/snows on top of that. It's just lots of fun. Everything is just kinda going along like always. Rene dropped us again, but we will see what happens. He is the kind of person who has a really big problem with peer pressure. This week is going to be crazy. We have a host of eating appointments, which is wonderful news for us. Later this week the choir Vocalis will be coming to Haid and singing in a church there. They are like the German version of MoTab, just way lower budget. Everyone in the church loves them. On Sunday they will be singing in our Sacrament Meeting and it will be a great opportunity for members to bring their friends. We're excited.....well I'm excited for the singing mostly, but that's just me. We also have Zone Conference on Thursday and that means another wonderful trip to the Salty Castle (Salzburg). I just love when we have action packed weeks because that makes it infinitely less boring everyday.
Unfortunately mother, it is unforeseeable that I will be making the trip out to Tustin to choose the Christmas tree this year. It doesn't look too promising for next year either, but I'll at least be able to observe it next year, as long as you don't take it down before January 3rd. By the way, I think that is the actual date that I come home, maybe. Not like that's close or anything, but just so you know. The whole Christmas day call thing is a little weird. I think the way it's going to run is so: Elder Gruse will be calling his parents whenever he wants to on the 25th, because it's really not that big of a deal to call Germany. Elder Chandler is going to ask if he can do it on the 24th so that he can call his family before they leave for their annual Christmas day drive to California. That means that I can probably call at any time that I want to. I'm not exactly sure how it works from America to Austria. I'll probably just call you really fast before and then you can call me back. I'm going to ask if it's ok for me to call dad just at a different time. If not I'll tell you next week. I'll probably call before your meeting on the 25th. I'll need to call around 5 pm my time, so that means about 8 am for you. That will give you time to talk to me and, hopefully be ready in time to leave. Tell me if that will work. If I call after the meeting, it will be way late at night here, but I'm willing to do that too.
Just so you know, I already bought my suit. The story behind it is kinda funny. We saw an advertisement in our mail that said that Trachtenwelt was having a sale for half off everything. We just decided to go and see what kind of Trachten stuff we could find for cheap. We walked in and saw a rack of suits and I thought, "Why not?" I went over and discovered that they were wool suits in lots of sizes and only 99€. That was the price on the tag. That meant that the whole thing was only 49€ with the 1/2 off sale. You didn't have to tell me twice. A wool suit for 49€ is crazy. So I bought it. I am having the Sister in the Senior couple in our district hem the legs, which she does free of charge. Aren't you just so proud of your cheap son? Yeah, so that's out of the way.
I hope you have a great week and that everything is fun and dandy with the Christmas tree. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment