Monday, December 26, 2011

On the run from La Migra....

Received December 19, 2011

So this week was pretty cool. We had the interesting opportunity to help out at a Young Adult dance at the Linz meeting house. We prepared tons of food and it took a lot of work, but it was fun to see a dance in Austria. Just so you all know, Austrians dance WAAAAAAAAAAY better than Americans (in general). They actually dance "standard" to all songs. That was interesting to see. On Friday we went and passed out invitations in Haid for the Vocalis concert. Vocalis is an LDS chamber choir from the German-speaking realm and consists of all young adults. They sang Christmas songs and we handed out the invitations. Then, we went back to Linz where we helped prepare food again. After they were done eating they left for Haid again and we stayed and made more food for them. That night we went to Haid and watched the concert. They sang an O Magnum Mysterium for the opening number. The acoustics of the church that we were in (non-LDS) were wonderful and that song was amazing. It was just a little too cold in that church. We were all freezing. They sang a really good program and it was really fun. Now I can make it through the next year of my mission having recharged my concert attendance battery. It was getting a little low as it applied to good choirs. Yesterday we were privileged to hear from them again in our Sacrament Meeting. They sang well there too and it was a nice meeting for our two investigators and the visitors that came with members. The Spirit was nice and strong, especially when they sang I Believe in Christ (Mac Ws version). It was followed up by the Ward watching the Christmas devotional from the First Presidency. It was wonderful. Those of us who speak English were banished to the stage of the cultural hall where we tried to watch it steaming online on a computer screen, but after a little too much server fail-age we resorted to watching it on someone's iPad. We're hi tech. The messages of the devotional were all wonderful and helped to really set the stage for this coming Christmas week. We've got lots of stuff going on and we're looking forward to it.
So the subject line.....yeah about that. Ingolstadt never sent my police report (after several attempts) to my former abode. Soooooo, we have to take another route ordering it from the government of Germany's Justizamt in Bonn (the city of Haribo gummy bears). Everything should work out, but if not, I become illegal in Austria on the 17th of January. Yay! That might fall under the category of "things mothers don't want to hear" but I figured it's happening anyway. Everything will work out and if they have to, I'll just get transfered out of Austria. That wouldn't be my first choice, but I'll do whatever I have to in order to stay legal. I'll be going later today and getting the application notarized (pretty official huh?) so that will be fun.
Now about that phone call later this week. I will be able to talk to both of y'all. I'll figure it out with dad. I will call at 3 p.m. my time. Whenever that may be for you. It's going to be fun. We will have to keep it a little short 30-40 minutes, but that will be fine as long as I get to talk to you.
I hope that everyone has a lovely week and that everything is nice and bright and sunny on Christmas day. Just like always. Till next time Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment