Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Great Day of Finding und Muzzas Day

Received May 14, 2012 So the finding day was on Thursday and it was one of the hottest days of the year so far. It was about 30° Cel and I had forgotten how hot that is in a white shirt. After almost 9 hours of talking to everybody in Bad Cannstatt, Waiblingen, and Winnenden we got 3 people. However, 4 other people took Books of Mormon. We really did try hard. I think this finding day was really meant to show us what we could do better. The mission got 533 potential investigators. Stuttgart Zone actually led the way with over 100. On Sunday I got to call and it was great to hear everyone actually speaking. We called from Fichtenberg which is the furthest city in our area and takes an hour by train to reach. Schw. Schuller had pity on us because no one invited us for lunch after church and so we went out there "on the fly". We had a great time with them and even played some games. This morning we left the apartment at 9 to go to the elderly Schw. Geyer who played piano as I sang along. This time we sang through a book of bass songs and arias and a bunch of songs from musicals (My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, West Side Story, Oklahoma). It was great to sing with her and it always makes her so happy to have someone to make music with. She reminds me a lot of Barbara at BYU. I heard from Darrell today that the beloved BYU Opera Program will be once again renewing their title of the "BYU Mozart Troupe" as they will be performing Cosi this year for the fall opera. I must say.....I SAW THAT ONE COMING!!!!!!!! I already knew that they wanted to do that one. Why else would Dr. Vincent start talking about it in Opera Workshop if he didn't want to do it the next time he had a chance? One time when we had just finished Hoffmann in my first semester Dr. Vincent started talking about how much he loved the dialogue between Papageno and Tamino in the first act. Then what happened the next fall? When I sat in on OW the semester before I left he was talking about how much he loved the comedy in Cosi, but he had already decided to celebrate Menotti with one of his operas the next fall. Then what happened???? I rest my case. My Book of Mormon message of the week will be simply, if you have not read the article by Elder David A. Bednar in the last Ensign go read it. If you already have, go read it again. It was wonderfully written. That's all I have to say. Well, this will be a fun week I'm sure. I hope everyone has a great time with whatever they have to do this week. Have fun! Tschüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment