Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reasons why I need to visit Stuttgart with my Step-Father

Received May 8, 2012 There is only one: The Mercedes-Benz Museum! Oh if only John were there. The reason for me not writing yesterday is namely that the museum is not open on Mondays and one of the ward members wanted to take us there. It was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY cool inside and I can't even describe how much information you could get there. We took four hours just kinda glancing at each thing and occasionally stopping to hear the audio tracks. John would have to be there pretty much from the opening to the closing. Maybe if we ever come back to Germany, we'll be able to go..... Ok. Now that we have that cleared up, here's a little info on what's really going on in the mission of Elder Neumayer. In case you missed it a while ago, the Saturday after I got transfered away from Linz was when Rene Strassmair got baptized. I wish that I could have been there, but that was just the way that it had to be. I was there from the very beginning and almost until he got baptized. He is now one of the best member missionaries in all of Austria from what I hear from those who are still there. Right now the whole mission (my area especially) needs more investigators deperately. So, we are having a whole day of nothing but contacting on Thursday and we will be trying to find at least 20 strong potential investigators. It will be an interesting experience and we expect to really improve the work through this day of finding. I must sadly report that at the moment only my family sends me mail. As Rückert once wrote, "Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen." It is possible that I will get some mail when that got sent to the mission home during the past month when the Mission President comes on the 22nd, but I'll just let myself be surprised since I've kinda given up hope for mail. I know that no one is going to write. This happens to all missionaries. The Book of Mormon message of the week is pretty cool. I started reading the Book of Mormon again where I left off in the German. I stopped in Alma sometime at the beginning of the year so that I could read it in English. Where I stopped is actually a great part of the Book of Mormon where Alma and the sons of Mosiah come back together after a long time of preaching the gospel to the Lamanites. After having seen the fruits of their labors and having recorded what they were, Alma writes a little interjection of his own where he says that he wished that he were an angel and that he could preach the gospel to all people. He realizes however, that it is sinful to wish such a thing. He should be content with that which the Lord has given him. He realizes that he can receive just as much joy by just being a tool in the hands of the Lord to bring people to repentance and helping them to feel the love of God. That is really what it's all about, helping people realize that they can be happy through the Gospel. Well, I should go and write some other emails. Just be happy everybody. Have a great week. And to some, I'll hear you on Sunday. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment