Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 2

Sooooooo much to do. But there's also so many awesome things to do. Elder Holland came and spoke to us Tuesday evening!!!!!!!!!!!! He is probably the most awesome speaker to listen to live. He made me want to be the best missionary that I can be. He brought up the fact that Preach My Gospel was created to replace the memorized lessons, not for the benefit of the investigators but for the benefit of the missionaries. We are supposed to convert ourselves before we can go convert the people of the world. That's why we are here at the MTC. I'm so glad to be here and that I got to hear that message by one of the finest speakers in the church. The German work is going well and I'm having so much fun learning how to preach the gospel auf Deutsch. I'm still trying to find ways to sing here since it is so music-less. I'm probably going to be singing "Im Abendrot" by Franz Schubert in a few weeks for Sacrament meeting. I hope it works out. I also want to try out for a special musical number at one of the devotionals or group meetings. That would be fun. I love the MTC!

My companion is Elder Clark from Brigham City. He is pretty cool. Our whole district has a whole lot of fun together. Please keep sending me letters. Also, tell Karen to write to me, I haven't heard from her yet. Ich weiss dass, das Evangelium Jesu Christi wahr ist. Ich weiss dass, Joseph Smith ein Prophet war und dass das Buch Mormon wahr ist. Ich bin soooo glucklich hier zu sein. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment