Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week 7

So you mean to tell me that I only have 11 days left? You're joking right? Nope. It's true. The time soon cometh to a close. Dann fliege ich nach Deutschland!!!! Ich bin soooooo begeistert! With great sadness I announce the passing of my favorite blue suit. Many of the readers of this email will know it as the suit that took me through many a competition and it served me well. The death was determined to be from causes incident to age (a huge worn away hole in the pants). It was sad, but I did get over it. I got the package of cookies. Not only I, but my entire district was excited to see that package. We also welcomed the new grey suit and I look forward to us being great colleagues in the future. And as the note inside the box aptly observed, I hope that this one lasts more than a month. I finally got to sing in the New Missionary Fireside. I actually sang pretty well. We got a recording of it on Elder Clark's recorder. I enjoyed it. I actually started and stopped upon singing the first line. I had to start over for some reason. (Nobody tell Dr. Vincent). I had fun though.

There's not much more to say. I won't know if my visa came through until probably next week but they rarely have trouble with that for people going to Germany. The funniest thing happened the other day in devotional. The speaker called up some recent converts who are serving missions to tell us a little about their conversion. One of the missionaries was a sister who looked vaguely familiar. She was from Irvine, California. I figured that was why I knew her, but as I looked at her more I realized that she was the girl that went through the temple the same day as me. It was so funny. I went up to her afterward to talk to her and she said that she remembered me. It was cool to see her going on a mission to Temple Square. I hope everyone has a great week and had a Happy Valentines' Day! Viel Spass!

No comments:

Post a Comment