Monday, April 11, 2011

Durfen wir zu oper gehen? Ja, naturlich!

Message from April 4, 2011

So OMG tonight we're going to Rigoletto at the Volksoper!!!! We broke down and bought the 21 euro nose-bleed seats. It will be worth it for sure. We'll also hopefully be going to a sheet music store later today over near Stephansplatz. I can't even express how excited I am to be going to all these places. However I am quickly coming up on my first transfer call and I could be leaving this wonderful city in the near future. Leider, kann i net auf immer hier bleiber. Aber, na jo. So ists ne? Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun here and the people are all great. I especially love the members they're always awesome. We found a possible new investigator this week. His name is Alex Hell (yeah, I know). He was born into a very strict Roman Catholic family and went to Catholic school as a kid and as a result HATES the Catholic church. He went over to Buddhism of all things and then met the sister missionaries on the U-Bahn. He asked for a Book of Mormon and the sisters told us about him. We made an appointment and gave him the book and introduced it. He seemed really open to finding out more about the church. Unfortunately he had to get his wisdom teeth taken out and so he couldn't give us a firm answer on when we could meet next. General Conference was AWESOME!!! Well, the first 4 sessions anyway. We watched the Saturday morning broadcast in the evening on Saturday. Then we watched the Priesthood, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning sessions on Sunday. That was fun. We got our investigator Anna to come with her boyfriend Mostafa (a member). They came to two session at least. Tanja came alone to one of the sessions but sh loved it. Our Catholic liturgy professor investigator came for the Sunday morning broadcast. He actually really enjoyed it and I think it might have gotten him a little more interested in the church and softened his heart a little. The talks we all so good for the investigators. The church is so TRUE! I'm glad that everyone is willing to send me some letters. We'll need to wait a little to see if I'm staying here though. That is so awesome that Adam got his mission call. He's just too cool for school. I got your package. Thank you!!!!! It was so fun to get so many cool things from home. We ate some of the goldfish at the conference and I share some with the other missionaries. Sisters Covey and Nelson were so excited to see those little fish. Everything else was great. Elder Foremaster was very thankful for his chocolate bunny. This week will be a fun one I think. I hope everything is going well at home. Have a great week! Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment