Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh, there's how many hours left?

Dated: April 18, 2011

So here I am in Heilbronn. It's a fun little place. It is really different though. There are probably just as many people in this city as were in 1 Bezirk in Wien. That means it's not going to be too hard to talk to pretty much everyone we see. The new address is as follows:

Elder Andrew Neumayer
Kirche Jesu Christi HLT
Werderstr. 164
D-74074, Heilbronn

So, let the email begin. The train ride to Stuttgart and then to Heilbronn was interesting. Elder Foremaster left me on Tuesday because he is training again and he went all the way to Munich to pick up the "golden" and take him to his new area. Meanwhile, I went off to the four-man apartment on the other side of town and lugged my suitcases all the way up several spiral stone staircases for which there are no elevators. We took off in the morning to go to Westbahnhof and all of the missionaries that were leaving Wien rode the same train out. So, Elders Handly and Olsen and Sister McGuire and I all left the beautiful city in search of places unknown. We had a lovely train ride out to Salzburg where it was freezing and we met the Salzburg zone leaders. The other Elders continued on another train ride to Munich and I had a 50 minulet layover until my train came to take me to Stuttgart. After getting on that train and having plenty of trouble with my suitcases and getting them just to stay put, I sat down in a cabin by myself and rode the rest of the 3 hours or so to Munich by myself. Upon arriving in Munich, I saw two Elders getting in the train. It turned out to be an Elder that I knew from the MTC and his trainer taking him to Tubingen. We rode together for maybe an hour or so and then I was once again left alone to ride the rest of the way to Stuttgart. By the way, the rides aren't that boring since the countryside is AMAZING! I arrived in Stuttgart and met my new companion Elder Sills. He is pretty cool. He is so funny and really chill. He was actually born and lived for a while in his life in Cypress, CA. He now hails from Mapleton, UT. He's really open to listening to me rant about opera and we have listened to a lot of good music since we've been together. He's helping me a little with understanding Schwabisch. It's different for sure. I like this place for different reasons from Wien and I think it will be an awesome place to work.

Now that you have my address, John can come tracting with me. I think he'll like it here. i keep telling myself that dad needs to come with me around Germany and Austria. He would just have way too much fun looking at everything. The countryside is awesome and he would love it, but the cities like Wien would have too much to look at even in one building. For my last P-day in Wien, we went to the Staatsoper and got some pictures. We also went to Doblinger Musikhaus which is amazing. And, we went to Schonbrunn. The pictures will speak for themselves. I'll admit that I laughed at the prospect of you and John going on a mission just because it would be exactly as you said it would. You and John would actually be awesome at the Wades are doing Wien. They run the Institute Center. They sit there from 4 to 9everyday and greet the YSAs as they come in and spend time there. You would be great at laying down the rules for the YSAs but also being a fun mom type character. And of course, making lots of good food. John would have the the time of his life sitting at the front desk greeting people as they came in and talking to the people at English class and just taking care of everyone's needs. I can literally see it in my mind. It would be awesome. Anyway, I gotta go and write some other emails. I hope life's great and still puppies and butterflies. Have a good week. Tchusssss!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment