Sunday, January 15, 2012

Coming to you on Wednesday?

Received December 28, 2011

That's right, we had to change our P-day to Wednesday because NOTHING was open on Monday and yesterday was crazy with District Meeting in Wels, 2 appointments with investigators and then an appointment with the "beloved" Schw. Wegrath. She really is a loving and very kind woman (albeit a little racist) who loves to feed the missionaries. She gave us a lot of stuff to take home and it was lovely to sit and wait at the bus stop for half and hour with it in the hopes of getting home on time. This morning we went to drop off Elder Gruse for his little day-long trip to Offenburg. Elder Chandler and I are now alone in the Linz Ward and it will be interesting riding the elevator to the top floor of our apartment building with just us two. It started with four then downsized to three and now it's just us two. Today as a little Christmas present to myself I went and bought a collection of Grimm fairytales in German. It has pictures too! That will help keep up my German after my mission is over. For those of you wondering about my legal situation, it's all in process. I'm waiting for the police record from Germany and then, I should be able to apply. I can even go and apply and just tell them that I will get it to them when it comes. We had an awesome time over the Christmas holidays going to a ton of people's houses and having a great time sharing in their Christmas traditions. We got to go caroling and we sang a song. The lyrics are as follows:

Es wird scho glei dumpa
Es wird scho glei nacht
Drum kimmi zu dir Herr
Mei Heiland auf d'Wacht
Will singa a Liadl
Dem liabling dem kloan
Du magst jo net schlafen
I hör dir nur woan
Hei hei, hei hei
Schlaf herzsüaßes liabs Kind

Please do not try to put that in a translator, it won't work. If you want to try to say it, just switch the "a"s to a really dark vowel like an "o". Now you're speaking like an Austrian.

I don't have a ton to talk about this week, so I hope everyone had a good Christmas break and Happy New Year. Till next time, Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment