Monday, January 16, 2012

These weeks just fly by...

Received January 16, 2012

Servas family/friends!
This week as the subject line says, really did fly by. I don't know where the days go, but they just seem to disappear. We went to Salzburg again this week and it was a good time as always. We got to have interviews with the mission president and we also learned from the Zone Leaders and Sis. Miles. We talked about giving people commitments so they are led to make steps toward repentance and progress in the gospel. It was fun to hear from them all. On Tuesday we went to the Mayer's house. We ended up talking a LOT about opera because Walter Mayer sings at the Landestheater in Linz in the opera chorus. I asked him if he knows Lawrence Vincent and he told me a
story about how he and his wife sang Christus am Ölberg (Christ on the
Mount of Olives) by Beethoven with the Linz choir. Walter Mayer sang
the role of Petrus in the piece and they even traveled around to
perform in different wards in Austria. If anyone happens to see Dr.
Vincent, tell him that the ward in Linz says Schöne Gruß. The investigator situation in Linz is doing it's thing. One (potential) investigator that we had ended up dropping us because he heard from somebody that we were a sect (real original). We finally confronted Benjamin on his circular reasoning and I don't think he likes us anymore. He pretty much makes everything way too hard on himself and can't believe anything that he cannot prove
scientifically. It would have been nice for that to have come out like
a few weeks ago but we finally squeezed it out of him in the last
lesson. He didn't come to church and I think he's just going to take a
lot of time and life experiences until he gets to a point where he
will start believing in God. We can't help him any further. Rene on
the other hand is doing very well and he actually came to an eating
appointment with Sis. Dafalias with us. He had a great time and she
really likes him. So do we.
Yeah, so that was kinda the week as it played out. Oh yeah, and last
Monday both Elder Chandler and I fell for different reasons. Elder
Chandler was walking down the side of a really long set of stairs on
the side of the Linz Schloss and slipped. He only hurt his hand a
little and luckily he had a little first aid kit with which he was
quickly cleaned and bandaged. About an hour later we went up stairs in
a shop that sells Tracht and were looking at Trachten Anzüge. It
wasn't priced too badly, but way out of our price range so we started
down the stairs. These stairs wind down around a central wall and on
the inside the steps get really small. I remember thinking "Don't
slip!" and then all of a sudden my feet were no longer under me. I
was able to save myself sufficiently because I was holding on to the
rail, but my arm went back with it and it hurt a little bit later.
There were a bunch of women down on the first floor and a sales woman
who all witnessed this occur. I told them I was fine, but now thinking
back I should have faked getting hurt so they would give me a free
suit, but oh well too late.
Friend points for this week/ the month of December go to Courtney
Severson whose letter I finally got through mission mail. Gold Stars
for you! I will be sending a letter out soon.
Transfers are on the 8th of February, so you can probably send me a
package if you want to. I kinda expect to be in Linz another transfer,
so I think it will be ok.
Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful week and that everything is
Edelweiß, German Shepherd puppies, and Alpen Täler.
Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment