Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Waiblingen nicht Weiblingen

Received February 13, 2012

Yeah, so here I am now back in the Stuttgart Zone. Still no word on my Austrian visa, so we'll wait to register me here. Luckily, my German visa is still ok if I really need to use it. As promised, here is the new address (before I forget):
Elder Andrew Neumayer
Kirche Jesu Christi
Benzstr. 10
Waiblingen 71332
Germany
Yes John, as in Mercedes BENZ. The apartment is across the street from a horse butcher....of all things. My new companion is Elder Smith of Idaho Falls. He was Elder Daybell's companion in the MTC. That's the second time that I have had two companions that were together in the MTC. Great news from the "Alpen"ländische Mission: we got a new country! Yes, that's right, we have received Süd Tirol which is in the mountains of Italy. I bet you didn't think that they spoke German there. There are a couple missionaries learning Italian right now so that they can go there and start preachin' the word. We're all way excited about this addition.
The transfer was kinda crazy, but we still had a good time, even freezing in the Munich train station for 3 or 4 hours. This first week we only met one of our investigators. The rest of the time was spent with eating apointments with members. The members are very Schwäbisch, but very kind. I don't have a ton to talk about, but I'll probably write more next week. I hope everyone has a great week and that everything is nice and easy getting Karen ready to leave. Bis später, Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüßle! (That's Schwäbisch)

No comments:

Post a Comment