Saturday, March 17, 2012

Seeds......

Received March 12, 2012

So this week was pretty cool since we were able to get a couple lessons with our investigator Heinz. He really likes our visits, but it just goes a little slowly for him. However, he had some questions about faith and how we can believe things. We knew that he is a gardener by profession and so we decided to share with him the analogy in Alma of planting a "seed" of faith. He understood the whole analogy and was even a little ahead of us on some parts because he knows exactly how seeds work. It was awesome to see how the Book of Mormon can work with some people.

I got my package this week and thank you for the CDs. The Savior of the World CD was the best. I've actually thought many times on my mission how much I wished that I had that music, and now I do. Thomas Hampson was a nice little addition too. We went to the zoo on Monday and it was awesome. It was still a little cold and gloomy, but the animals were out and about. There were even sea lions there, which is not a common feature in Germany.

This week in my reading of the Book of Mormon, I read the counsel that Alma gave to his sons. Most of his sons didn't need too much, Corianton sure did though. Luckily for us though, it is some of the most interesting reading in the book of Alma. What I want to focus on is actually the last verse. Alma says, "And now, my son, go thy way, declare the word with truth and soberness, that thou mayest bring souls unto repentance, that the great plan of mercy may have claim upon them." As a missionary this is especially important for me, but since every member is a missionary, it applies to us all. Right? So, what can we do? Well, he's not calling us to go out to the next street corner and soap box to each person going by. Although that would be pretty cool (old school like). No we don't need to do that to help our brothers and sisters come to a knowledge of the gospel, but what we can do is just show by our example that the gospel can be the best thing in our lives. We want that great Plan of Mercy to have claim on our friends and neighbors, but if we are "secret mormons", then nothing is going to happen. I have faith that you are all great examples and I hope that you will continue to do so.

This week we will be having a training with the mission president and I'm looking forward to that. I hope that everyone has a great week and that it's nice and sunny in California/ wherever you are. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüßle!

No comments:

Post a Comment