Monday, March 5, 2012

Way to go Austrian government...

Received February 27, 2012

Now for that 5 hour train ride. That's right folks, I have a nice long train ride ahead of me. Why? Because the Austrian government won't allow someone to pick up a visa with power of attorney. Soooooo, it has to be my bright and shiny face that goes down there and picks it up. Yep, so sometime in the future I will be going back to Linz for a day to pick up my little card. Then I can be legal in Germany and not just a "visitor".
This week has finally been warming up a little bit. We've actually got some buds on the trees, something for which Elder Smith is very glad (I don't know what he's complaining about, being the one from Idaho). It's nice because it means that missionary work doesn't come to a screeching halt after the sun goes down.
Zum Beispiel: The other day Elder von Niederhäusern (an American) and I went on an exchange. We stayed here in Waiblingen and had a whole day open with no lessons planned, something which has been all too common on my mission. That didn't stop us from having a nice full day of work. I planned to simply go by on every "current" (former) investigator with whom we still have had no contact. After finding a lot of doors and no investigators, we finally went off to Stetten to find Tobias. We actually got off a few stops too early since I had no idea where I was going. That ended up being good, since we found a man who took a book of Mormom. About 3 minutes later we came across a guy who was pulling a little cart. Upon greeting him he said, "I'm from England." What joy filled our souls as we said, "Oh good, we're Americans" We asked him about some of his beliefs and he honestly has some questions about who God is. We invited him to meet with us and he said that since he just lost his job, he has plenty of time to meet. We will be going to him this week on Thursday. He's really nice though and I hope that he decides to listen to what we have to say, since we do know the truth about God as our Heavenly Father. Tobias wasn't even there, but I have a feeling that he wasn't the real reason why I scheduled the day to go by on him at that specific time. The day didn't even stop there. After getting back to the train station I had the feeling that we should go back to Grunbach (a not so close city) where had been earlier that day so that we could try Heinz Naumann again. This time he was there and he actually had time to meet and invited us right in. It was great.
On Saturday we went to the first session of Stake Conference. I got to sing in the choir and it was fun to do so. I saw plenty of members from Heilbronn and it was great to see them again. The meeting itself was actually not all that great at times since it was super hot (there's no air conditioning) but the talks were good. We also have a very international stake. The opening prayer was in Spanish and one of the talks was in English. It was cool to see how diverse the stake is.
Sunday was the general session of conference and we had a satellite transmission from Salt Lake City where Elder Nelson (the father of our mission president's wife) and President Eyring talked to the whole German speaking world. They spoke a lot of raising your children to learn to love the church and it's teachings and not getting too down on yourself because you can't do everything. Our investigator Annette came too and she had a good time.
This was a cool week. I hope that everyone has a great week. Keep doin' what you're doin', unless it's something bad, in which case, stop doin' what you're doin'. Bis zum nächte mol. Gel? Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüßle!

No comments:

Post a Comment