Monday, April 2, 2012

I Can't See Her but I Can Sure Hear Her!

Received April 2, 2012

Do I really know my sister's voice that well? Yes I do. As I sat there watching the conference I was astonished at how well I know the timbre of my sister's voice. I guess growing up with her and being at a good number of her lessons as her voice developed really helped in that regard. I did eventually see her though and it was cool. Now the siblings really have done almost everything that the other has done.

Well, General Conference was pretty awesome. I still haven't seen the last session since it begins at about 10 pm or so here and that's way past time to be home. We'll find a way of at least listening to it somehow. I got a lot out of conference, although not a ton for my investigators. It was more for me and after my mission. I did find a lot of things that apply right now though. It is often amazing how everyone can find something from a talk that was written for the whole church, which specifically applies to them. Just another example of how the Holy Spirit leads this Church.

Transfers were actually a couple of weeks ago. By the way, they changed the days of transfers to Thursday and yes that means that I now come home on Friday and not Thursday. But yeah, so there are a few weeks left in this transfer and we will see what happens next time.

Unfortunately, no one came to General Conference, so we'll see why this week when we meet with them. I do actually hear quite regularly from Heilbronn since we are in the same Zone now, but they don't really teach any of the investigators that I had anymore. They have all been dropped because they aren't really willing to make any changes at the moment.

This week in the Book of Mormon we read the beginning of 3 Nephi. It was always sad to see how the people in the course of only a few years could become so wicked. Suddenly though, Jesus Christ dies in Jerusalem. The people in America know that this has occurred because they had so many revelations regarding the signs of his death. After a few days of utter destruction and chaos, the mists of darkness clear away from the land and they hear the voice of their Lord, "Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name." This is such a wonderful confirmation from the Book of Mormon that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that he really did rise from the dead. These people in the Americas could state as did Peter, "We have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty." This is the message that I try to bring to the world and I know that it is true.

I hope that everyone has a great week and that everyone can find a way to employ something that they learned in General Conference. You know I will. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüß

No comments:

Post a Comment