Monday, April 30, 2012

Schwabs are not as bloodthirsty as the Lamanites...well, maybe...

Received April 30, 2012 That was a part of my talk on Sunday. If you can believe it. Bru. Burkhardt told me to give the main talk on Sunday and to do it on something from Preach My Gospel. I did it on the first chapter where it talks about our purpose as missionaries. I related it to the members of the Waiblingen Ward and a few people afterward actually did come up to me afterward and said, "You really do understand the Schwäbisch people." It was a fun talk to give, even if I did have to make it last for half an hour. After the second to last speaker finished I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11:25. I then looked at the intermediate hymn and saw that "We are all enlisted" only has two verses. I realized then that my talk was going to have to be longer than normal. It all worked out though. I love how sometimes we just happen to be in the right place at the right time. We were in a bus this week and just talking to each other and a man asked us who we are and he said that he loves Jesus. Naturally, we do too. We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and he gave us his telephone number. The next day we were in Bad Cannstatt and decided to just go by to see Schw. Töpfer. We talked to her for a few minutes and then were going down the stairs to leave. Suddenly a man opened his door and asked us if we were Jehovahs Witnesses. We said no and and explained who we were. He thought that it was cool and he took a card and said he might come to church. To avoid spending too much time on this email, for my Book of Mormon message this week I will just give a reading suggestion. That is the 10th chapter of Moroni. We finished the Book of Mormon this week as a mission and like many of my missionary colleagues, I tried out Moroni's promise that the Holy Ghost will reveal to all that ask that the Book of Mormon is true. It's still true in case anyone was wondering. Well, there's not too much else to say. I hope that everyone has a great week and that we all have the opportunity to do some missionary work. Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüßle!

No comments:

Post a Comment