Friday, April 20, 2012

Sometimes I have no idea..

Received April 16, 2012

I'm running out of clever titles to give to my emails. There's not a ton to say about this week. We have had a lot of good experiences with our new "You are important" program with the members. Every time we introduce a new family to it, we hear them start talking about all the people that they should have been working with this whole time. Our basic message is that they just need to commit themselves to doing something in a specific time period and then actually do it. The members talk to us about their friends and we give them the tools that they require to give that invitation to just come to church. After all, that's what we want to see, is people coming to church and seeing what it's like.
This week I got a letter from Bishop Hunter. I will be writing back soon. I will say this, but don't take my word for it: I think I will be staying in Waiblingen for next transfer. I would just wait for my word though. We get transfer calls on Friday. I'll know next week.

On Sunday a man came in the entrance of the church. One of the members alerted me quickly enough that I was able to come down and meet him. He said that because Mitt Romney is going to be running against Obama for President, the Mormons are going to be something that he should know about. He took a ton of literature from us and a card with our number on it. We'll see what happens, he seemed like a pretty cool guy.

I don't really know what to say about the reading this week in the Book of Mormon. All I can say is, learn from the example of the Nephites in the books of Fourth Nephi and Mormon. As I read these chapters I really did feel as Moroni did as he said "O ye fair ones, how could ye have departed from the ways of the Lord! O ye fair ones, how could ye have rejected that Jesus, who stood with open arms to receive you!"

Maybe next week will be a little more exciting. I hope that everyone has a nice sunny week, since it's not that way here. Think happy thoughts! Tschüüüüüüüüüüüüüüüßle!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete